~*~

~*~

Monday, January 28, 2008

Weird

Yes, Americans are wierd. We've got living proof in the post before this one. And yes, my computer told me there were 30 posts before this as well. So I don't know why it says there's only 30 now.
Okay, so for my next story summary, I'll write about the dragon story I recently "finished". That's in quotes because it's really kind of a piece of garbage. I wrote part of it, and then got a brilliant idea into my head about how it could go. And then I realized that it was almost exactly like that book Eragon! Stupid! How dare it steal my brilliant idea! Oh, yeah. Parts of it were very different, but the overall plot was too similar for my taste. Bla. So, I started writing this years ago. I worked on it VERY SLOOOOWLY. Finally near the end, I got sick of it and just rushed through. So the climax isn't as exciting as it could be.
Heres a very rough outline. Just because I think it's lame doesn't mean that anyone can steal my ideas though, so don't get any ideas. Just because the overall plot needs lots of work doesn't mean that I can't use other parts of it. And just so you know, the summary makes it sound a lot less like Eragon than it really is.
Basically, three kids (from our world) one night meet a woman riding a huge dragon. She says she's from a different world, and there are dragons living in that world. So, other people see the dragon and freak out. But they manage to escape, and the 3 kids decide to go with the "dragon lady" to her dragon world. There they each get a dragon egg that hatches. But unknown to them, this world's way of life is dying. Almost all of the dragons have died, and evil spirits have taken over 2 of the dragons and their riders. Weird monsters plague the land.
Then, after spending a year in this land with their dragons, the monsters and spirit-controlled dragons/riders attack. The three kids and their dragons call on Draco, the dragon god who is said to be only a legend. And he comes down to earth and saves them. He leaves behind dragon eggs to replenish the planet.

2 comments:

E said...

Very cool, very cool. I cant wait to read it!!! This is the one story with the Sun dragons right? Send me a copy once you're done!!!
PS what'd you mean I'm living proof Americans are weird?! I'm also living proof Japanese people are weird ^_^

Tara C said...

Yes, but you're currently living in America. ANd I doubt I'm ever going to work on this story any more. Plus, it's almost 200 pages hand written. Unless I think of a REALLY good way to take the Eragon-ness out of my story, I'm not going to spend the time typing it up. Id rather spend that time working on stories that are actually good.