~*~

~*~

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Hmmmm

I can't help but wonder.... You see all these excellent movies and read all these wonderful books. They can be so good that the ending leaves you in a state of wonder. There are some movies and books like that with me. Movies and books "that make me buzz." Star Wars is one of them. Especially the very last episode. The last Harry Potter was like that too. And a bunch of the Miyazaki movies do that.
But it makes me wonder. I love to write, and I love that feeling when you finish a movie/book that is that really great. Will I ever be able to write something that good? Something that makes people feel awesome when they're done reading it? Nicole told me that when she read "On Wings of Wyverns," the ending made her shiver. That comment made me feel so good! And it was New Years Day, so it was a great way to start the year. That's at least a step in the right direction-where someone shivers when they finish reading your book. But will I ever be able to write something that's considered truly great eventually? Something that inspires all sorts of people? Something that's so good that people will be shocked if you tell them you haven't read it yet (Like I was shocked when Ellen told me she hadn't seen Star Wars yet). I know it's a pretty high level to set for yourself, especially when you're still a senior in high school. But one day I really want to write something that's truly GREAT!

No comments: