~*~

~*~

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Lullaby of Awakening

Okay, my next featured story summary is about "Lullaby of Awakening." I wrote it last year and finished writing the rough draft on February 9th, 2007. Yes, I decided to record the date. It's about a young boy who's training to be a mage (a magician). The world where he comes from is an alternate earth. That is, it has magic but not technology. It's sort of the sister to our "technology Earth."
But their magic-Earth is in trouble because the magic is getting "clogged" and unusable to the mages. Brenor (the main character) has to come to technology-Earth and find a special person to bring back with him. This special person is supposed to sing a song to awaken a huge monster. This monster's job is to purify the magic, because every several hundred years, the magic on their planet becomes too clogged to use. So, Brenor travels to technology-Earth and finds Kimia, the girl wo has been selected to awaken the Purity Beast. (I borrowed her name from a girl at school, Kimiya. Thanks for your name, Kimiya. Sorry I changed the spelling a bit.) So, Brenor brings Kimia back, and they travel to the home of the Purity Beast and complete the ceremony to purify the magic. But I don't think I'll reveal the end to this sotry. Too bad. If you want to find out the end, read it.
This story's purpose, in the end, is to tell people not to be too afraid of death. It's sort of based off the concept of reincarnation, so I'm sorry if you don't believe in reincarnation. Even if you don't think our world has reincarnation, his world has it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

8D I remember that one! It was really good story, though a bit sad at the end.

Tara C said...

Sigh. I know it was sad. But I'm planning a sequal where Brenor is reincarnated! THe ending probably won't be as sad in this one.

E said...

Your summary doesnt do your story justice!!! It was really good!!! So hurry up and finish the sequel so I can read it already!!!