~*~

~*~

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Why I Write

So, I said a little while ago that I'd post the reasons I started writing stories. So, here we go.
When I was younger, I think in about 6th or 7th grade, I still wanted to go on adventures. I knew that magic and REAL adventures weren't real and only happened in books. But I still wanted to do them. So I decided to start writing stories so that my characters could do all the things I couldn't do in real life.
I still feel that a little. I mean, who wouldn't rather go flying on the backs of dragons or diving to the bottom of the sea than sit and do homework? But now another reason is that if I ever become a well-known author, I want to inspire people. I want to help people everywhere do the right thing. I want people to get a buzz of excitement when they finish a book. I just want people to... I don't know. I'm just not sure how to put my feelings into words. I guess that's kind of ironic, considering I love to write. But some things just can't be expressed by words. Oh well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

>_< Yeah, like when your friends stop playing those kinds of games and just walk around talking, and it's only 5th grade. Dx Lots of people just don’t appreciate good books or creativity anymore. It's all the more reason for you to keep on writing!