~*~

~*~

Monday, February 11, 2008

Reply

Okay, Ellen. Well, I've noticed that for a story to end well, it should (Usually but not always) be proceeded by a very exciting climax. And it should 99% of the time have a satisfying ending. For example, I read a very long book a few weeks ago. It built up to this whole thing about changing the destiny of Earth and everything, and then they decided not to do anything. It was so anticlimactic that I finished the book feeling completely disgusted. How did that thing ever get published?! Bla! Talk about a waste of time! I read that whole thing, and I hated the ending.
Okay, so you think I didn't do a very good summary of my Lullaby story? Fine. I'll re-write it. And by the way, I'm in the middle of at least 7 stories, so until I finish some of those, I probably won't start any others. But The "Lullaby of Awakening" sequal and the wyvern prequal are at the top of my list for future stories to write. I don't want to start too many at once, because like you pointed out, if I have too many things going on at once, they end up not getting finished. Some of them get neglected, and then I feel like abandoning them completely. I don't want to abandon my stories, so I need to spend time with them. Right now the two I'm concentrating on the hardest is my alien story and the werewolf/vampire/ghost story. Plus the one I'm writing with you. And if STEHANIE WOULD ACTUALLY WRITE SOMETHING, I'd probably be working on the story I'm supposed to be writing with her.

No comments: