~*~

~*~

Monday, September 27, 2010

CW-Dialogue

So, everyone in class was assigned to write a dialogue that began with "Oh my god! Everyone's looking at me!"
I guess i'll put mine up. Character 1 is a boy, character 2 is a girl.

"Oh my god! Everyone's looking at me!"
"Don't think about it. You need to concentrate on what you're doing. Forget about what anyone else thinks."
"Yeah, because that's easy to do! You don't have to walk out in front of all those people and - ouch! Stop hitting me!"
"You're acting like a bib baby! What's more important? Your tender pride, or what everyone needs to hear from you. YOU. Not me."
"Nnnnn..."
"Come on. I know you can do it. How does public speaking compare to what you've done already? You'll be fine. Take a deep breath. Do it again. Pretend to be confident and you will be."
"Whoooo. Sure. I guess."

The point is, you should be able to get several things from the dialogue alone.
Emotion,
Situation,
What the characters are like,
The relationship between the characters.

Everyone who read there's out loud seemed to take the most obvious route. Some girl complaining about how everyone was staring at her because she was acting weird or wearing weird clothes.
I almost did that, but I decided not to.
I'm kinda curious. Anyone who reads this, what kind of stuff did you get from my dialogue? What did you figure out about the 4 points mentioned above? Character, situation, ex.
(I will tell you this. They're not saying all of this directly in front of the crowd. Everyone's kinda waiting for the boy, and they're off to the side, not yet on the "podium," or its equivalent).

No comments: