~*~

~*~

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Vlogbrothers

Heheh. I'm not quite sure how to respond to that.
I'll repeat that I never said they were badly written. They definitely have a lot of depth, and they're obviously really powerful since they made me react so strongly against them when I read them.
The only thing I'm currently claiming is that they were pretty depressing. You can't read about little kids attacking each other without being depressed.
I also met someone who COULDN'T read those books in high school because I think she might have been a little unstable back then, and they just touched something off in her. She seems pretty normal now though.
You probably haven't gotten this far in the Vlogbrothers yet, but they do a fast-paced analysis of Catcher in the Rye. That was Mr.Daniel's favorite book. He wanted to name his son Holden, but his wife wouldn't let him.
I had very cool english teachers.
I still think I should wait a little longer to read them though. I need my brain to change a little more before I can appreciate them any more than I did in high school.
One of my teachers in humanities was talking about "To the Lighthouse." She said it wasn't necessarily something that you would enjoy reading in a pretty or attractive way, but that it really got you thinking, and it was different and unusual.
Sigh. I dunno.
So, lightning change in topics.
I wanna post some more Vlogbrothers videos. I"ll probably put up some more as I finish catching up on their videos.
There's John and Hank. John is the author. Hank is the one that writes songs and works on a website called Eco Geek.

Again, John is the author. I love the lady lady song. Watch at about 2:55


So, for the first year of their videos, they were forbidden from textual communication. I found this video absolutely hilarious.


This is one of the videos that Nicole showed us in an attempt to get Ellen and I hooked on them. I guess it worked.




This is one of Hanks's songs. The awesomest part is at about 2:00






Here's a pretty new one that I found interesting.


This is a really new one that I liked.



There are others I'd like to show too, but they wouldn't make too much sense unless you actually follow these guys.
I think they'd be so fun to meet!

No comments: