~*~

~*~

Friday, September 24, 2010

Secret Signing

O-O
Ellen, that was really cool!
You know, some of our puzzle pieces already fit together. We've had a lot of overlapping ideas!
OK, so I was just watching some more vlogbrothers. John is the brother who's an author - he wrote Paper Towns, Looking for Alaska, An Abundance of Katherines, and I think one other (Ellen, Kelly and I all read Paper Towns) went to a bookstore and secretly signed a copy of his book. So whoever buys his book will have an autographed copy! That's so cool! Duuuuude, if I ever get a book published, I really want to do that.
And then, since he videotaped it, a very passionate nerdfighter fled to that store and bought the copy of the book that he signed. I'd want mine to be really secret though. So someone would actually buy a copy and see "It was signed by the author! Oh my God!"
Oh yeah. I've been meaning to post this too. I should post some of my favorite videos of theirs. I mean, there's an author and an environmentalist! YESS!
OK, here we go.
The part I want you to watch starts at about 2:06.



^-^'
I still remember that one post I made near the beginning of the blog saying how much I hated analysis. Granted, the amount and degree to which we were forced to take it in high school was pretty ridiculous. If it hadn't been shoved down my throat for 3 years straight, I probably would have never risen to that level of hate for it.
Like writing an entire essay on one poem wasn't very fun. And it did bug me that so much of the stuff we were just making up and probably wasn't intended by the author. For the amount you had to write, you NEEDED to make up as much weird, random stuff as you could think of.
Not only that, but a lot of the classic books we had to analyze I didn't like. Not because they weren't written well, but because they were either mean, dirty, disturbing, or depressing. And I still kinda hate all those books. I don't know if I'll ever change my mind about that. Can't they have classic books that are kind of nice to read?

No comments: