~*~

~*~

Monday, September 27, 2010

Mornings

Hey, this is interesting. This hasn't happened in a long time, but today, someone asked to borrow a cell phone. I went O-O I was just preaching about tha in my blog! So, I pull out my cell phone and let him use it.
Anyway. I wanted to go back to the fieldtrip I mentioned yesterday. Now, I had to meet my carpool at school by 7:00. That by itself is early. Except for one thing. I live very not-close to campus. Just thinking about waking up early enough to get to school by 7:00 makes me grumpy.
So, I was going to get up at 5:45, but Dad wakes me up at 5:30 and then makes enough noise that I can't fall asleep again. And yes, that early in the morning, I am extremely possessive of those 15 extra minutes of sleep I could be getting.
So, I leave the house very early, feeling extremely grumpy about everything. I climb into my car. It's cold and pretty much completely dark. I put on some nice, pretty music and start to drive.
The streets and highway are completely desert and there's only a couple other cars on the freeway. I start to see a faint coloring on the horizon.
It's so empty and dark, with that bright streak in the sky. It's surprisingly peaceful. The few other cars are in no rush, and I start to calm down too. I go a little slower than usual with no one else rushing past me that early sunday morning.
When I arrive at campus, it's almost completely deserted too. The sun is almost up. The squirrels are out, and the birds are singing. THere's a student-shaped figure sleeping on one of the benches, and a strange old man throws peanuts to teh squirrels.
Everything's so peaceful and quiet the whole time that I'd lost my grumpiness and sleepiness long ago.
I dunno. I just wanted to share the melting grumpiness of an early morning.
Once I get home (I'm in my dad's office at school) I'll catch up on my cw assignments.

No comments: